There are many reasons why earning college level credit for the Introduction to Entrepreneurship class is beneficial. They include:
- Sense of achievement as the high school students are recognized for earning collegiate-level work.
- Credit can be directly applied to college graduation requirements and can potentially reduce the amount of time spent to earn a degree.
- Credit earned can increase the student's registration priority for collegiate-level courses.
Credit has a significant advantage:
- The cost for college credit at the University of Iowa is $150 for 3 semester hours.
- The current cost of 3 semester hours at the University of Iowa is $1,000+ for tuition and fees.